The Hell of Driving.......



Is our Malaysian roads HELL or HEAVEN????? In my personal opinion, it is HELL.....totally!!!! I have actually know that Malaysian drivers are bad but not to this extent. Well, here's my story......




I was learning driving yesterday afternoon and I was driving my instructor's car back to my house and things were going fine. The trouble did not start till I reached the huge curved highway near Leisure Mall when this Indon on a motorcycle was riding slowly in front of me. Being a learner, I slowed down my car and trailed him. However, when he moved aside to let me pass, he did not move far enough towards the side and he nearly collided with my car. He went like......


Indon- *wave fist* HOI!!!!!

Me - *lifts my hands as a sign of apology* sorry bang.... (the windows were opened so I guess he heard)

Indon - *shakes his head*


Well, maybe that was my fault so I just continued driving. The Hellish moments started when I reached the three junctions near Leisure Mall. First junction, aother motorcycist who seemingly hated his life (I guess) just sped out of the junction without stopping making me jam on my brakes and guess what, I forgot to step on my clutch and my engine died. OMG, right there in the middle of the road. Worse of all, my insturctor was shouting at me....

Instructor- On your engine!!!! Quickly.....
Me - *in a blur state* Where????

Instructor - WHAT?????? You don't know where is the ignition?????

Me - Ohh......ok ok.....*sweating profusely*

Instructor- You sure fail loh......engine also duno how to start....

Me - *laughs nervously*

Instructor - Still laugh???? DRIVE!!!! people behind horn already ar!!!!!!

Me- Oh yaloh.....haha.....sorry....

Instructor- Don't sorry here sorry there, DRIVE!!!! Shift to first gear and step clutch, release accelerator first....Faster!!!

Me- Ok ok.....on my way....


Well, during those brief moments of panic, my brain sort of freezed. However, one thing that made me sooooo nervous was the fact that the cars behind me were honking me like nobody's business!!!! COME ON!!!! I'm a baby on the road and can you all see the big, bold "L" on the front and back of the car which means "LEARNER"??? So what's the nice thing about honking a LEARNER???? eventhough his engine dies down in the middle of the road. It is not like I did it on purpose, but it is because it was my first time sitting behind the wheels.

Maybe I should start educating Malaysian drivers in my blog on how to see whether the car in front of them is an "L" car or not.....

<-------- THIS IS THE SIGN THAT YOU SHOULD'NT HORN!!


~Matthew~




0 comments: