Shopping, Shopping and More Shopping...

How bad can shopping with a mother be?? The answer : REAL bad!!! I mean bad as in ladies never, ever shop fast. I have made up my mind that if I would ever need to go on another shopping spree with my mother, I would have to take a good dosage of anabolic steroids or biring a wheelchair along.

We went out of our house at 10.30 am sharp. My mum had to do last minute CNY shopping and she was really in a rush. Therefore, we did not even have breakfast. We went to MidValley Megamall and had breakfast at McDonalds. Then, my hell started. First, I had to spend nearly an hour or more, just walking from one clothes shop to another. The worst part of it was that they were all ladies clothing shops. None of the shops that we visited were unisex. After an hour plus just walking aimlessly, my mum got herself only 2 pairs of dresses which I feel does not suit the CNY mood. They are more suited to be worn in an office or probably to work. After telling my mum about what I was thinking about her dresses that she had bought, she told me that she was defintely buying them for working use. She further replied, "We're going to look for something to wear on CNY dinner." I was shocked!! That would mean another hour. Therefore, I decided that I had enough. I told her that I would walk on my own while she did her own clothes-hunting. So I did just that and an hour later, she called my cellphone and told me to met her for lunch. I went down and we ate lunch, a real quick lunch before heading of to Cold Storage to get some sundries. My heart jmped for joy when she told me to pay the ticket and get to the car. I immediately went to the car, paid the ticket, and drove to the entrance to wait for her. Little did I knew that she actually wanted to got to another complex!!! MY GOD!!!

Our next stop was at 1 Utama. I'm telling you, at that kind of hour, to search for a parking itself was such a terrible ordeal. My mum got out first while I tried to look for a suitable parking. Finding none, I decided to park at somewhere illegal and guess what, my car's late number was announced half an hour later through the loudspeaker and I was told to repark my car. So I did what they told me to do and went back to look for my mum. We spent close to nearly 2 hours at 1 Utama shopping and by the time we finished, it was already close to evening. I had missed my show, and I had missed my precious afternoon nap. Furthermore, my legs were hurting really bad!! Honestly, I have never walked this long in ages and it was definitely torturing.

I was glad that finally at 6.30 pm, my mum said that we would call it a day and go home. Gosh, how I loved to hear those words and these time, I made sure that we were really going home. One advice, if guys wanna go shopping with their mums, be prepared for LONG HOURS OF WALKING!!! I'm speaking out of experience myself....lol....

¬Matthew¬

0 comments: