Stumped -_-

I have to tell you that I have never met any Christian who could give me a better answer to my question about why he believed in God and so faithfully did His will. Don't misunderstand me I still am a Christian, but I was just asking this question just for fun. Here's the story.

Me : Why do you believe in God?? Have you seen Him?? Did He appear to you personally?? Why do you follow Him so faithfully without even knowing whether He exists??

Lecturer : Well, do you have 5 minutes?? If you have, I will explain to you why. Have a sit.

Me : Ok. Sure.

*we were in a cafe waiting for my sister and her boyfriend.

Lecturer : Waiter!! One glass of orange juice please!! (the orange juice arrives) Matthew, drink this juice.

Me : (accepts it, thanks him and drinks it without any question) So what's the answer??

Lecturer : Why did you just accept my words and drank the juice?? Why didn't you analyse the drink, verify whether it is really pure orange juice, take it to the lab for a test before drinking it? So you see, the way you trusted my words, that's how I trust in God's words though I have not seen Him nor Heard from Him audibly, but He speaks to me through the Bible and I know His will for my life.

Me : Err, because I....(no answer) Ok, now I understand. Hehe. Anyway I was just testing you only ok? No offense taken I hope??

Lecturer : (laughs) haha...No problem, I'm used to these kind of questions thrown at me. It is so simple. Haha.

Lol. I have never heard a guy explain his faith to me in such simple terms. Truly, I have a better enlightenment on how to answer others about why I believe in God and why I am a Christian.

¬Matthew¬

4 comments:

robert said...

This is an interesting post. Extremely brilliant answer! :)

Adam Jong said...

Nice one, you're really blessed to study under that lecturer.

winterduel said...

eh eh ... why no more cbox?.. lolx

Matthew Samuel said...

Hey thanks guys....he's not my lecturer though but I knew him through my sister....he's her lecturer and I just engaged in a talk with him that day....but its true that it was the best answer...thanks guys...God bless